Total Pageviews

Wednesday 16 February 2011

Evaluation of My Music Magazine Front Cover :3

Masthead

The name of my music magazine is “Nymphetamine” I think this masthead is appropriate as it “reflects” the gothic, heavy metal and screamo genre of music.
   The connotations of the masthead are that the readers of this magazine can’t get enough of the music.
  I think the colour scheme of the mast is appropriate because the genre of my music magazine is focusing on gothic, heavy metal and screamo, the colour scheme would be dark colours such as deep reds and blacks. This is how the idea of “gothic” is presented in my eyes.
 I don’t think the masthead is of sufficient size, however I believe this is due to the font that I used for the masthead, I am thinking of changing it.




Images

On my music magazine front cover there is a main image. I think that the main image is an appropriate size.
 I think that the main image gives a clear image of what the story is presenting. I am pleased with the composition of the image; I have put the main image in the middle of the page and made sure that it is big enough so it doesn’t get obscured by anything.
 I have placed subsidiary images on my music magazine front cover. I have placed them on the left side going along down the side but I made sure that people would notice them. I think the subsidiary images are an appropriate size and they give a clear indication of what the story is representing.

Language

I have used strap lines on the front cover, I think I have only used two which is “WIN YOUR CHANCE TO GO DOWNLOAD” and “EXCLUSIVE interview with the lead singer of HOMICIDAL CRIMISON” I am thinking of adding several more. The strap lines give a clear indication of the contents of the magazine, for example “EXCLUSIVE interview with the lead singer of HOMICIDAL CRIMISON” indicates that somewhere in the magazine, there will be a page on an article with the lead singer of “HOMICIDAL CRIMISON”.
  I think that the language is informative and entertaining, I have used the literary term of “personification” on the sell line “MUSIC MAGAZINE WITH A BITE”. I think the punctuation and spelling is accurate.
   I have used two fonts, the size of the fonts are appropriate. Yes I have used a consistent colour scheme has been used for the strap/sell lines. For example on some of the texts, I did the text white and put a black box around it to make it stand out and on some I just reversed the colours.

Layout and design

I think the layout and design of my music magazine is clear and well organized as, there are no objects obscuring certain aspects of my music magazine. I think it is appealing to the reader, (well I hope it is.)

Strengths

I think the 3 strengths of my music magazine are the photographs that I took, I am pleased with them and I think they have turned out quite well. Another strength I think is the layout and design of it as it is clear and organized. And thirdly the colour scheme is appropriate.

Targets for improvement

Overall I am pleased with my music magazine cover; however the one aspect which is letting it down is the font of the masthead “Nymphetamine”.


No comments:

Post a Comment