Total Pageviews

Thursday 14 April 2011

5. How did you attract/address your audience?

5. How did you attract/address your audience?

The way in which I attracted my niche target audience are the conventional layout of each section of my media product, I chose a conventional layout which was simple and easy to understand and that wasn’t cluttered.
 The colour scheme of each section of my media product compliments the conventional layout of the front cover, contents page and double page spread as it allows it to stand out without being too bright and hard to read. The colour scheme I used was; black, white and red, these colours stand out equally as they all go together well.

To attract my audience I decided to put merchandise on the front cover “TWO FREE GIANT POSTERS” of the band “This Suffering” and “FREE SIGNED PHOTOGRAPHS”  and include sell lines like “EXCLUSIVE INTERVIEW WITH HOMICIDAL CRIMISON!” and “WIN YOUR CHANCE TO GO TO DOWNLOAD”. 
     
The way in which the main image and the subsidiary images attracted the attention of my niche target audience is that I developed them so that the images represented and portrayed the stereotype that the magazine is targeting, for example the main image is a long shot of “Jizabel” “covered in blood” pulling a frightening expression, this image of Jizabel represents the tone of the genre’s that my media product is promoting.
The mise-en-scene of Jizabel in this image is a white vest top, covered in blood, as if she got shot, a black skirt, and some of the skin on the legs are visible to show that there are blood splatters up her leg. This images suggests that she is part of the “Gothic culture and that some something tragic has occurred.

This photograph of Isabel is a Long Shot. On the photograph I took of Isabel, you can see the purple walls as I took in it my friend’s bedroom, I decided to put a white sheet in the corner of the room to create an interesting background. On the white sheet I sprayed red hair close into the sheet so it would have a dripping/splash effect.
 The reason I wanted to pose in this particular composition is because I was aiming to achieve a gothic appearance.

No comments:

Post a Comment