Total Pageviews

Thursday 14 April 2011

1. In what way does your media product use, develop or challenge forms and conventions of real media products?

1. In what way does your media product use, develop or challenge forms and conventions of real media products?

The ways, in which my media product conforms to the conventions of a real music magazine as I used the conventions of a real music magazine for each section of this project, for example the front cover was based on the magazine conventions of Kerrang! The contents page was based on the magazine conventions of Kerrang! also and the finally the Double page spread article was based on the conventions of Q magazine. 
  The conventions of Kerrang! is that the conventions of the layout allows the main feature of the article to be in the centre of the front cover, creating a centre stage for the article.
  The colour scheme which I used through each section of this project are white, black and red. This colour scheme only conforms to the magazine Q as Q uses these three colours on the front cover. Where as for the other section of the project, the conventions that I used had a much “brighter colour scheme, for example the main colour scheme for the front cover of Kerrang! Is; white, blue and yellow.
   On my front cover and double page spread, I included a masthead; the masthead for my magazine cover is "NYMPHETAMINE!” The reason I decided to call my magazine "Nymphetamine" is because the main genre of music that I was focusing on was the Goth culture and the other genre's I included are link with the style of music that they produce.
   
The masthead for my double page spread article is "COUNTLESS MISTAKES" the reason I decided to name the article "COUNTLESS MISTAKES" because it is a reference to the mistakes that Jizabel Stokes had made throughout her life. The word "COUNTLESS" has two connotations and emphasizes that at the time of making the mistakes that Jizabel felt emotionally that they were countless contributions to her life, but in reflection the mistakes she made were a contribution to where she is now.
   
To conform to the conventions of real music magazine I decided to put subsidiary on each section of my media product, two subsidiary images that I put on my front over are of  my media product as they give an insight to the content of the magazine. For example I have decided to give away free merchandise of 2 free giant posters and free signed photographs. Also to make my media product more conventional i included sell lines on the front cover to incise the reader to purchase the magazine.
 To promote the interview with the lead singer of HOMICIDAL CRIMISON I included the phrase “EXCLUSIVE” as the interview is exclusive only to this magazine as this is a limited addition.
   I included the sell line “WIN YOUR CHANCE TO GO DOWNLOAD” as it would incise the reader to buy the magazine and as the magazine is limited addition and exclusive offer.
   In a way my media product is also developing the forms of a real media product as I produced a music magazine that targeting a niche audience's attention and interests with the particular objects that would gain theirs interest, for example, I've used sell lines, those sell lines are "win your chance to go to download!" and "EXCLUSIVE interview with the lead singer of NYMPHETAMINE!". I've used various other devices to make my front cover to conform to the conventions of a real music magazine by including 2 free posters and signed photographs.
  To make my article more appealing to the readers, I included sell lines, for example the sell lines that I included from my article are “I’LL PUNCH YOU IN THE KIDNEY’S AND MAKE YOU P**S BLOOD!” and “I USED TO KICK AND BITE THE OTHER CHILDREN BECAUSE I WAS ANTI-SOCIAL AND THEY MADE THINGS WORSE”.
 I’ll picked out these quotes from the article and transformed them into pull quotes because it highlights the way that Isabel Stokes felt and was treated throughout life.
  The pull quotes also have a connection to the title of the article “COUNTLESS MISTAKES”. These pull quotes are a ref lection of what happened through her life.

No comments:

Post a Comment